There were a number of announcements made today by the Scottish Government outlining financial support for sectors severely affected by Covid 19.
- Hospitality – One off grants of £2,000 or £3,000 in January based on rateable values.
- Taxi Drivers – £19m fund and one-off grant
- Wedding Sector – £5m fund
- Travelling Showpeople – £1.5m fund
- Mobile Services such as Hairdressers – £15m fund
- Tourism – £60m fund
We will advise further when greater detail is available.
Business Restriction Grants
Hospitality venues that will be able to partially open as from 6pm on Friday will now be able to claim £350pw or £525pw depending on rateable value.
Other venues that remain closed by law continue with the Temporary Closure Grant of £500pw or £750pw.
Applications for the third instalment of SEISS have now opened. If your business turnover is currently reduced due to Covid then you are eligible to claim.
Claims are made via the same HMRC Gateway that was used for earlier instalments.
If you have any queries about how any of this affects you then please contact us.